Quinoa, Chickpea and Spinach Fritters
- 200g chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- 200g cooked quinoa
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Handful of spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 50g coconut oil
Spinach is a storehouse for many phytonutrients that have health promotional and disease prevention properties. It is one of the richest sources of iron among green leafy vegetables. It also contains high a high antioxidant content, rich in vitamin A & C.
- Place the drained chickpeas, quinoa, onion, parsley, spinach, salt, and paprika into the food processor. Process until blended. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the grated courgette to the chickpea mixture and season if necessary. Season as necessary.
- Portion the mixture into 6 equal portions. Squeeze the mixture between your hands as you shape each patty. Then cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the fritters and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.